Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day 2008

.....or should I say Father's Weekend. We celebrated both Saturday and Sunday, but Lon totally deserves it. He is the bestest Daddy around. Saturday, Lazy Boy delivered a new "Big Man's Recliner".....granted, I can never top last years gift--the Tiernan Son of Brisket smoker--I didn't even try. However, the huge recliner is definitely second. We had a BMR a few years ago, which he loved, but when it wore out, we cheaped out and replaced it w/ a "regular" recliner, and not a very good one. We always fought over who had to sit in it. It was sooo uncomfortable and cheaply made. So, this year, I spent the big bucks and got the good one. It is so comfy to take naps in, thats how big it is, I can just curl up in it. Love it!! Then on Sunday, we surprised Lon with a chiminea. He has been wanting one for the patio, when he is smoking (meat) and it is cold. So, he got 2 gifts, like I said, totally worth it. Another great Father's Day, but always a little bittersweet as I remember those who have lost their fathers in the last year and the fact that Lon's dad is no longer with us. We miss him alot, especially now that Barrett is playing baseball. It would be so cool to have Grandpa there in the stands watching #22. But, we had a great lunch with my parents....PeiWei, and we gave my Dad a gift card for gas. How sad is that? Anyway, it was a great weekend and I am so thankful to be blessed with a wonderful husband, who happens to also be the greatest Daddy, and also have my own father around for my kids to grow up with.

No comments: