Monday, October 23, 2006

No more whining

Well, that last post was rather whiney wasn't it? Arlene, thankyou for the kind words. After posting that Mon nite, I went to leaders mtg on Tues morn, there, I got a reality check on being overloaded. I just thought I was busy and stressed out, there are several BSF leaders that are caring for terminally ill parents and in-laws (some both) not to mention health problems of their own, and one lady's husband is in the middle stages of Alzheimers. Yet, these Godly women continue to serve without one word of complaint. They are truly my role models. So, at this point I will quit comlaining and drop to my knees and thank God for his unbelievable blessings in my life, for my health, for the fact that I am able to work part-time not full time, that my kids are healthy and are pretty self-sufficient, my parents are healthy and live nearby, for the fact that I have a home (even if it is untidy sometimes) and for the awesome privilidge of serving God by teaching children in the BSF program. For this, and so much more, I thank God!

1 comment:

Arlene Kasselman said...

Nothing wrong with a little venting now and again, friend! It is what keeps me sane. But, thanks for reminding me about perspective and contentment. I need that as a recurring theme of reminders in my life!