Monday, September 04, 2006

A sad day

yesterday was an absolutely awesome day! Our church (Central CofC) preacher switched pulpits with another church (Washington Ave Christian Church). This was a pretty big step for our church and their preacher was excellent. His name is Jim Shelburne and he is a natural, easy speaker, not to mention hilarious. He was talking about the church being made up of parts and that the church needs all of them, but that in the years he has been in ministry, he has come across quite a few "rear-ends"!!! and that was OK because the church needs all of its parts! Brought the house down. But, as funny as it was, I know he wasn't kidding, I'm sure that is absolutely true. I have so much respect for those who work in ministry for that very reason, and I pray that I have never been in that "rear-end" category but I'm sure that at one time or another, we have all been rear ends! haa
Well, the reason i titled this post "a sad day"....I found out this morning that one of our family's favorite "TV people" Steve Irwin died in a tragic accident yesterday. My daughter is a huge animal lover and that is how i came to know about steve, thru her watching him on Animal Planet. He has become a fixture in our household the last few years. I love that guy, and I am always very touched by his tender heart toward all God's creatures, especially those that aren't so cuddly and lovable. My heart and prayers go out to his family, especially Terri and his 2 little children, who must now grow up without him in their lives. A sad day, indeed.

1 comment:

Arlene Kasselman said...

Susan
welcome to blog land! I am thrilled you decided to start. I have read your posts and cracked up - you write well. This is a weird avenue for this to have happened, but hopefully this new "kinship" will devlop into us hanging out a little more. I would like that.