Monday, September 01, 2008

Go REBELS!!!

This is Barrett's 9th grade football pic. It kind of brought a tear to his old dad's eye to see him in the Rebel colors. Me?.....well, it brought tears to my eyes for different reasons, not the least of which is that some of those boys on his team easily weigh 200+ lbs! and Barrett weighs 135 dripping wet. Don't get me wrong, he's not a runt, in fact, he's about average size, not tiny at all. And, the way he eats, you would think he was a lineman. But still, he's already had one broken arm from football and.....I'm just sayin'. Oh, and don't be fooled by his low #. He's not a quarterback. On picture day, they just threw them any old jersey for the picture. He actually plays on defense, a position he calls "ghost".....never heard of it. Maybe its because he's really scary or something :-)
I know you can't tell in the picture, but his legs are really hairy. He's turned into a hairy-legged teenager!! When did that happen? One minute he was a precious little kid that wouldn't let me out of his sight, and now? a hairy-legged football player? I don't think so! (but he's still precious.....to his momma anyway.)

No comments: