Monday, May 19, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

Mother's Day 2008 was the best one yet!! (I say that every year, and every year it's true) I am blessed to not only still have my mom around, but also she & my dad live right here in Ama. So..."I got that goin for me" :-) After church, we went to Cattle Call (mainly because they could accomodate our large party with no waiting) with Cristi & Shan and their 3 kids and Mother & Daddy. Cristi & I got Mother the "Thornbirds" on dvd. That is her absolute favorite show EVER. She has always loved Richard Chamberlain. Lon & the kids got me (after a little hinting) a Pandora's Box bracelet. I love it!! The first charm is a little Bible with a gold cross on it. Did I mention i LOVE it??!!!! Lon was also pumped because he said that was presents for the next 10 years! I think it will be an expensive habit though, since the charms run from $35 to over $300 for the gold. My sister, Cristi was not impressed. She's not a bracelet person. I am soooo a bracelet person. I wear one every day just about, except to work, kind of hard to wear gloves and wash your hands 50x a day with a bracelet on. A few years ago, possibly for my 40th birthday? can't remember, my sis-in-law, Luain, gave me a Brighton bracelet with crosses all the way around. It is still one of my favorite things to wear, I love it. And then there's my James Avery charm bracelet...love that one too. Anyway...(I didn't intend for this to be a post about bracelets) Mother's Day was wonderful. Lon, Barrett & Gracen always spoil me and make the day special. Lon won't let the kids fight, so for one day at least, there is peace. Or at least they do it while I am taking my nap so I don't hear it. So nice. And, as always, we end the day with a trip to the cemetery to visit Grandma (and Grandpa and Aunt Jean). Gracen & I went to the dollar store to get some flowers for the graves. Gracen kept picking out the tacky fake looking ones and I was trying to steer her toward the more natural, real looking ones. But then I realized that Grandma would be thrilled with the ones Gracen had picked out, so I let her choose whatever ones she wanted to give Grandma and they were perfect. I'm sure Grandma thought so too. We still miss her so much. So, even though bittersweet, it was still a perfect Mother's Day. I am very blessed to be "Momma" to the best 2 kids anyone could have.

No comments: