Saturday, May 10, 2008

Annual Session, the Riverwalk & Margaritas!

Last week, my bosses took our entire office to San Antonio for the Texas Dental Association's Annual Session. One of my bosses, Ty Pendergrass, was Annual Sessions Council Chair for this year, which means he spearheaded the whole thing. Kind of a big deal since it was attended by about 30,000 Tx dentists and their staff. He has been working on it for about 4 yrs now. On his nametag, there was a yellow ribbon that said "Big Cheese"!! We teased my other boss that that must make him the "little cheese"....he wasn't amused. Anyway....it was so nice to... a)get a free trip to San Antonio, b)knock out all my CE reqs for this year and next year, c) have some "girl time" with my co-workers, d) have the absolute BEST margarita I have EVER had, it was a mango-swirl w/ fresh mango puree----heavenly!, e) absolutely BEST of all, was getting to see my old boss, Dr Jim Hollifield. A few years ago, he retired and moved to California, where his wife is a Methodist minister. It was so much fun to see him and reminisce about the "old days", he is a precious man whom I love dearly. I didn't realize how much I missed him until I saw him and busted down bawling like a big baby!
It has been years since I have been to San Antonio and I forgot how beautiful it is in May, not too hot yet. And the Riverwalk is a really cool place and did I mention where I got the most delicious margarita EVER!!! It was such a fun trip, I wish my family had been there. Gracen was so mad when she heard I was going, she wanted to go so bad. This year, in Tx history, they studied the Alamo and actually watched the "Alamo" movie and she is doing a report on Davy Crockett. When I told her i was going to SA, she said "Well, I'm going too!" and i told her that she couldnt because I would be in meetings all day and where would she go. To which she replied "I'll just hang out at the Alamo!" Ummmm, probably not. But, I think this has caused us to change our summer vacation plans from Galveston to San Antonio. Gracen says that absolutely everyone has been to Sea World except her. Well, we certainly can't let that embarrassment go on any longer!! What kind of parents would we be??

No comments: